International DJs that have Already Played in Boracay
The island of Boracay may appear quiet and serene during the day, but when the sun sets, the atmosphere becomes electric as the island comes alive with parties left and right. DJs from all around the Philippines play gigs regularly at some of the bars and resorts, but sometimes, special events happen and they get to share the stage with some of the world’s best DJs.
Here are just some of the internationally known DJs that have already played in Boracay.
- Steve Aoki – 2014’s LaBoracay (Labor Day) weekend brought in international powerhouse Steve Aoki to the shores of Boracay. The superstar DJ, known for mixing the unlikely pair of punk and dance music, electrified the party crowd at the Epic Beach Front on the first day of a two-day party series.
2. Cedric Gervais – The Grammy Award-winning French DJ Cedric Gervais made his presence felt at the 2014 LaBoracay weekend along with Steve Aoki. With his distinct brand of house music, he definitely closed the two-day party series with a bang!
3. Jon O’Bir – Before British DJ Jon O’Bir played his final gig in Nottingham, he top-billed the 2013 Summer Energy music festival produced by Bigfish Productions. The two-day event, held at the Station 2 Beachfront, lasted from sunset to sunrise, and will remembered as one of the last few appearances of one of the greatest Trance music producers of this generation.
4. Sied van Riel – Another big international name that headlined the 2013 Summer Energy music festival was Sied van Riel. The Dutch DJ was named “Best New Face” at the 2008 Trance Awards – and he showed the Boracay audience exactly why.
Chris Raeuber – No Bigfish event would be complete without one of its resident DJs. The party production house tapped DJ Chris Raeuber to pump up the beach-loving Boracay crowd for the 2013 Summer Energy music festival.
6. Sander van Doorn – Dutch DJ and record producer Sander van Doorn headlined LaBoracay 2015’s party series when he played on the 4th day of the 4-day weekend party series held at the Epic Beach Front. Van Doorn is best known for his own progressive and innovative brand of music that is virtually impossible to categorize under one genre alone.
7. Rebecca and Fiona – Not all of the international DJs that played on the shores of Boracay were solo acts. The Swedish DJ duo Rebecca and Fiona also made an appearance on the 2nd day of the 2015 LaBoracay weekend party series, along with several of the Philippines’ best DJs. The duo play great music together not only because of their love for progressive house music, but because of the deep friendship they share.
8. Blake Jarrell – 2009’s Easter Weekender party series was another event produced by Bigfish. American DJ, record producer, and Trance and progressive house music great Blake Jarrell made his Philippine debut at the Slinky Forever World Tour 2009 on the 2nd day of the two-day event held at the Hey Jude! Resort Hotel in Boracay.
9. Andy Norman – Hed Kandi’s resident DJ and elder statesman Andy Norman headlined 2009’s Easter Weekender party series, playing at the Hed Kandi Beach House event which happened on the first day of festivities. Norman is a composer of vocal, orchestral, and chamber music inspired by his fascination with everything architectural.
- Jamie Richards – Another Hed Kandi regular, DJ Jamie Richards shared the spotlight with Andi Norman at the 2009 Hed Kandi Beach event. His immense popularity can be attributed to his versatile style. Richards can play anywhere from soulful disco house music to more upbeat electronic sounds, depending on the dance crowd he is playing to.