12 Easy Steps for Planning Your Next Trip
Vacations are fun, but sometimes, planning a trip can be tricky. However, it doesn’t have to be such a hassle! With the help of this article, you’ll learn 12 easy and fail-safe steps that will help you plan your next trip without having a hard time.
1. Know where you want to go – First, you have to decide on your destination. Would you be going to the beach? Or do you prefer to visit some uncharted territory? Would you be in the same continent, or would you be going to another? By asking yourself these questions, you’ll be able to narrow down your choices.
2. Decide on the length of your trip – You also have to decide how long the trip is going to be. This way, you can prepare not just for the trip but also the people who’ll take care of what you’ll be leaving behind for the duration of your trip.
3. Research on how much you will need – Now that you know where you want to go, and how long you’ll be gone, it’s time to research on how much the trip is going to cost. This includes not just the airfare, but also where you’ll be staying, dining, and everything else in your itinerary.
4. Book your flight on a Tuesday or Wednesday midnight – By doing so, you get great seats at the most affordable prices. There are also websites that offer discounted fare rates so take advantage of them. These sites include:
5. Book affordable accommodations – Again, it’s not just the flight that you need to plan for. You should also figure out where you’ll be staying. Take note that you don’t have to stay in 5-star hotels just for the trip to run smoothly. There are many other places you can stay in, and these sites would help you find an affordable place to stay:
6. File for leave early – You have to make sure that you file for leave from work early, especially if you want the trip to be during the holidays. If you want to take a vacation during the Christmas season, file for leave as early as May or June to be sure.
7. Automate your bills – Set up online payments and paperless bills, or get the services of Earth Class Mail that can scan your emails for you while you’re gone. This way, you won’t have to worry about your bills while you’re away.
8. Get a travel rewards credit card – It would be nice if you can sign up for travel rewards account so you can rack up points to get free or discounted hotel stays and flights. Just sign up for one or two; signing up for more may only lead to confusion.
9. Check the validity of your passport – Make sure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months just before your trip to be sure. It would be such a hassle to know that your passport is about to expire when you’re about to embark on a trip.
10. Figure out which VISA you need – Some countries need different types of VISAs so make sure that you research about where you’re going to know which type of VISA is needed, if ever.
11. Pack light – You don’t need to bring everything on your trip. As they say, pack light and your trip would be easy and manageable. Some of the things you should pack include:
1 pair of jeans
1 dress shirt
1 bathing suit
You can edit the list based on where you’re going and how long you’re going to stay.
12. And of course, don’t forget to save up – You may not be able to afford your trip without cutting down on your expenses. Months or even a year before your trip, you should start cutting down on expenses. Simple ways of doing so include getting rid of cable, cooking your own meals, or making your own coffee—and of course, it would also help to have your own travel savings account where you can deposit money for your trip.
Keep these tips in mind and your trip will be hassle-free!
Spending the Holidays in Boracay: A Primer - 7Stones Boracay Suites | Boracay, Philippines
[…] be up against thousands of people vying for the same location, so it helps to get a head start! Plan out your itineraries, research on the best spots, and book a luxurious suite to stay in to make sure your holidays go by […]8:55 am August 22, 2018